Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 sacks of weyermann Munich to burn

Fellas,

I've come into two sacks of weyermann Munich I, and am looking for ideas of what to brew. I've only used maybe 2 lbs of Munich in past recipes.

Reading on the net, I'm thinking about a 100% light Munich fest type beer, or maybe alt?

What do you all think?

Real alt has little to no Munich it usually, but that doesn't mean you can't make a delicious pseudo alt with it! I certainly do. Festbier is a great choice, too. I'm told that Weyermann Munich can have low conversion, but I use other brands so no personal experience.

Comment

Thanks Denny.

I might try something like this:

5.5 Gallons, 1.059 OG

12# Weyermann Light Munich, 6L, 9 SRM

Tettnanger at boil, target 20 IBU

S-189 yeast

Comment

Munich Dunkel and Schwarzbier come to mind as well.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts. I have a request to brew a fest, and then I'll probably make a dunkel after that.

Comment

When life gives you Munich Malt, make BOCKS!
            Ask not what your country can brew for you but, what you can brew for your country!

Comment

Hmm. That's a great idea too. Now for just a little time to brew

Comment

Try a Munich Dunkel? But make sure you're aware of the extract potential of your malt. Last time I brewed a dunkel my calculator had a lower number than reality, and I ended up with a much higher OG than expected. Once the flaws from my underpitch aged out I had a nice doppelbock (blue ribbon!), but it took a while.

Comment

Yes, dunkel or bock would be my top choices as well. A 50/50 pils/munich festbier is also very tasty.

Funny, as I have grown older, I use less and less Munich malt, as well as crystal malt. I really don't like sweet beer.

Comment

Working...
                  X