Keep the HBD Alive!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Spread the word!

Greetings, Beerlings! Take me to your lager...

Hey, team! Be sure to spread the word regarding the new and improved Brews and Views to those who used to participate on the old forum.

Cheers!
See more
See less

Best Frozen Concentrate for Apple Cider

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Frozen Concentrate for Apple Cider

I want to do a simple and cheap hard apple cider. I have used apple wine base with jug apple juice in the past with very good results. I want to go cheap this round...the wine base is pricey. Any opinions out there on the best frozen concentrate for hard cider? I have Kroger, Whole Foods, Fresh Market and Sprouts as my main local stores. Also some independent and local grocers, and the usual varieties of ethnic markets you normally see a 1 mil +metro area.

The only brand I have ever used is Tree Top. It seemed decent enough for back sweetening a cider.

Comment

I used to use Seneca Apple juice. I mixed the regal;ar juice with their Granny Smith juice. Unfortunately, I don't think Seneca makes/sells apple juice concentrate anymore. I haven't seen it at my local K-Roger in a while

These days. I get fresh juice from my LHBS. They have a local orchard custom blend a nice, fresh-pressed juice for them every fall.
      --Paul Edwards

Comment

I've never made cider from frozen concentrate but I would imagine even Kroger brand would work. Juice in a bottle is reconstituted, so basically the same thing. I've had really good luck using regular juice. Let me know how this turns out as that would be easy and cheap.

Comment

...but, technically, without the solids normally found in cider, you're making apple wine...

Comment

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            To May Toe
            To Mah Toe
            AFAIAC
        Working...
        X