Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experimental Brewing podcast Episode 34

https://www.experimentalbrew.com/podcas ... m-flatland

In the feedback we gather reactions from listeners about the love we gave to Cream Ale and the city of Rochester and going to do triangle tests.

Episode 36 is an all Q&A episode - so get your questions in at questions@experimentalbrew.com (or call us at 626-765-1ALE)

In the pub, we talk Nebraska's efforts to legalize what we think of as normal homebrew use and what's the government's role in alcohol control and also how it's not just a US problem.

In the lab, we announce our next experiment that explores how your method of carbonation affects your beer. Also we tease a new experiment with our sponsor Wyeast.

From the lab we swing out to West Fargo, ND and talk with Frank Clemens of Flatland Brewing about the upcoming brewing scene in the Fargo area.

For our quick tip, we get really cold and small!

And then lastly, Drew talks about an amazing sporting event that had an incredible finish. Watch and be wowed.

Denny

I listened to the kegging experiment. A question.

If you are testing both methods simultaneously doesn't that mean the shake method has 2 weeks to reach equilibrium? Or are you having your group
    leave the shake beer in the primary longer?

FYI. I only prime, never force carb, and my beers are ready in less than a week. Not sure why one has to force carb anyway. But that is s different story.

Comment

Originally posted by HEU_Brewer View Post
      Denny

I listened to the kegging experiment. A question.

If you are testing both methods simultaneously doesn't that mean the shake method has 2 weeks to reach equilibrium? Or are you having your group
      leave the shake beer in the primary longer?

FYI. I only prime, never force carb, and my beers are ready in less than a week. Not sure why one has to force carb anyway. But that is s different story.
      That's a damn good question and one I don't know if Drew addressed in the design. I'll find out...

Comment

OK, Drew said his main point is to check out the heading and the theory that foam positive proteins can get used up.

Comment

OK. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X