No announcement yet.

Who’s Brewing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve had that happen with starters that have boiled over on the stove. Wife was not too happy with the smell.

Comment

As it was going to take 3 hours to make No. 3 invert sugar, and I didn't feel like stirring a pot for 3 hours, I elected to use 2 lbs of D45 candi syrup instead, plus a dash of black Treacle. Way overshot my target OG - I was aiming for 1.045.

10 gallons, OG 1.062

16 lbs. Warminster floor malted Maris Otter
      3 lbs. Flaked maize
      2 lbs. D45 Belgian candi syrup
      Half a tin of Lyle’s black treacle for coloring

Mash at 153°For 90 min

1 oz. Cluster 90 min
      2.5 oz. Fuggles 30 min
      2 oz. EKGs knockout

As it is winter in Montana and my garden hose is frozen, I let the brew kettle sit out last night, the temperature was in the 20s.. Worked out pretty good - this morning the wort was 62°F.

Split between WY1318 London Ale III and WY1187 Ringwood. Smacked the packs yesterday morning. This morning the London was completely swollen (2 month old pack) while the Ringwood was completely flat (5 month old pack). If the Ringwood doesn’t take off I will go to the LHBS and buy some dry yeast – hopefully Munton Gold.

Comment

Just racked an Belgian IPA, Saison and Belgian Tripel to kegs, Going to rack the Chimay Blue Clone tomorrow. Finally finished fixing a leaky ganged regulator that's been alluding me for almost 2 years. Took up most of my afternoon but, got er done! No more leaks or spent C02 tanks....yay! Good Luck DC...I guess we're at that age ....I blew out a knee last year jogging like I thought I was still in my 30's....now I walk but, my right hip is giving me pain and limited mobility....I guess it's time to check in with Dr. Sawbones
        Ask not what your country can brew for you but, what you can brew for your country!

Comment

Originally posted by Brewerbob View Post
          Just racked an Belgian IPA, Saison and Belgian Tripel to kegs, Going to rack the Chimay Blue Clone tomorrow. Finally finished fixing a leaky ganged regulator that's been alluding me for almost 2 years. Took up most of my afternoon but, got er done! No more leaks or spent C02 tanks....yay! Good Luck DC...I guess we're at that age ....I blew out a knee last year jogging like I thought I was still in my 30's....now I walk but, my right hip is giving me pain and limited mobility....I guess it's time to check in with Dr. Sawbones
          Hip operation went smoothly and after 2 weeks I'm walking pretty wel with a single crutch. Probably still 2-4 weeks out from brewing again.

Comment

Good to hear DC...Guess you can tip back some pints at this juncture. Hopefully the supply side is good.
            Ask not what your country can brew for you but, what you can brew for your country!

Comment

Brewed a Helles yesterday.

Comment

Trying to fit in a Dunkel or bock this weekend. Last weekend I got some free time so I threw together a beer that I’m trying to emulate cherry cheese cake. We’ll see how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                X