Who’s Brewing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who’s Brewing

Been extremely quiet around here lately. This weekend I’m brewing up 10gal Mexican Lager. Within the next couple weeks going to do a session IPA and a Brown Ale. What do you have brewing?

A Marzen right now and a Steam beer this Friday.

Comment

I have a Czech pils that has been lagering for a month, and a double IPA that I brewed two weeks ago that are all ready to keg. I hope to do that tonight.

Also have 10 gallons of cider finishing up from local apples that I pressed this fall.

Next up....either a British bitter or a saison. Probably the bitter, my basement temperature is running at 66°F right now, which is a tad cold for saison yeast.

Comment

Do you have a store bought press or a DYI press?

if you pitched your saison at ideal temp and covered the fermenter with a blanket you could probably keep it rather warm with the heat fermentation produces. Some like to really let it get warm to promote attenuation. Could also use a fermentation heater (heating pad, seedling heat pad etc.)

Comment

I have both an Am. brown and some cider fermenting. I'm having a hip replacement on Mon., so it'll be a couple months before I can brew again.

Comment

My dry hopped cream ale I bottled a few weeks ago is already well carbonated and really crisp, a real crowd pleaser that will mostly be given away for Christmas.

Next is a dark mild, I was really happy with one I made a couple years ago, amazing how much flavor can be packed into a 1.040 beer. Main tweak will be adding some flaked oatmeal for better body.

Agreed super quiet here, I am no longer able to check from work so visiting less often, apparently this site is not secure, don't know if that is recent or the work computer overlords just figured it out.

Good luck with the new hip Denny, hope all goes well for you.

Comment

Yeah Denny, good luck and speedy recovery! Luckily I heard there’s some ‘decent’ beer in your area.

Comment

Denny - all the best. Hope you’re back up and brewing in no time.

Loopie - congrats on the grand opening yesterday. All the best to you too.

Comment

Thank you all! Yesterday, I drank the last beers I'll have for the next few weeks.

Comment

Weeks without beer! During the holiday season! Good luck, Denny.

Loopy, my cider press is one I inherited from my late uncle. He built it in the early 1970s from a kit he saw Mother Earth News.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                      Loopie - congrats on the grand opening yesterday. All the best to you too.
                      Thank you! It was a BLAST! Looking forward to continued brewing.

Chumley, that’s pretty cool and nostalgic.

Comment

Just brewed a lager. 2 row, munich, hallertauer, WLP833.

Comment

In addition to brewing at home, we’ve been busy brewing at the brewery. Last week brewed a NEIPA, a Helles, a DIPA. Today was the IPA and tomorrow will be a the RIS. Busy busy busy.

Comment

Brewed a stout yesterday.

Comment

I got a mild on deck next - hopefully tomorrow if work/weather cooperate. I am going to make 4 lbs. of No. 3 invert sugar on the stove, I sure hope I don't burn the whole thing and bring on the wrath of my wife.

Comment

Working...
                              X